Thursday, February 14, 2019

"Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes" on Netflix

Image result for Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes | Official Trailer [HD] | Netflix

As I was researching information about "Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile" for the Media project, the Netflix docuseries about Ted Bundy also kept popping up. This docuseries was also produced by Joe Berlinger but instead of following people close to Ted, it actually follows and catalogs Ted Bundy. I decided to watch the series because I've been so interested in everything surrounding the Bundy controversy and found the series to be creepy, real, and informative.

This series begins with interviews from Ted Bundy while he was on death row, hoping that Ted would describe what he had done and who he really was. Before I watched this series, I did not understand the length of Ted's crimes. I understood that he was a serial killer and said to look "normal." While watching the series I was shocked and flabbergasted at what he was able to accomplish so easily, sneakily, and cruelly. It seemed so impossible that he was able to carry out all of these murders in different states, escape prison twice, and still have people love him. From watching the series I gained a greater understanding of the lack of technology and resources during this time and the use of the new descriptor: serial killer.

From watching these tapes, I was able to see why there was such an outroar from the public over "Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile." From first glance, the media does not need to mortalize Ted Bundy's name any further, he does not deserve to be remembered- those girls and woman do. But what I think these two films are positively doing is to inform audiences how unsafe people can be and to be careful and watchful of who you let into your life. After watching the Ted Bundy tapes on Netflix, I am more excited than ever to see "Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile." While the idea of Bundy scares me and has made me even more aware of my surroundings, I am intrigued to see how Zac Efron portrays him and the other facts I will learn.


"Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes" on Netflix Trailer


Image result for many faces of ted bundy

1 comment:

  1. So creepy! I remember the stories. I remember the fear. Mr. Berlinger did attend our screening of the film, but I was just going off shift, so I said, "Hi" and introduced him to the other theater management team and head off, not wanting to think about Bundy. Maybe the series will change my mind. Or the movie. BTW, people LOVED the film at Sundance. I don't what to think/feel about any of it. Thanks for sharing, Alex!

    ReplyDelete